Friday, March 12, 2010

a much needed spring break


Oh boy, do we need a break!
It officially started late this morning when we
ended the week with an easy day.

However, I can't help but think that the next week will fly by
and then it's back to work.

This time of year is so stinkin' hard!

We are all ready for the year to be over...but yet there's still
a good chunk of it left to go.

I'm just as sick of school as the kids are!
And I wish I could say that we are on track but we aren't.
We're a tad behind in some subjects.

And one child (who will be a senior next year) will most
likely be working on math and Mandarin all summer.
I kept warning him,
to no avail.

But, even as exhausted as I am
from this grueling and very challenging year,
I keep finding myself searching online planning out next year.

It just never ends!

How about you all??
Are you taking spring break soon?
Will you finish the school year with a bang....or a fizzle?

Please tell me I'm not the only one behind!!

6 comments:

Joy said...

We are taking a trip to my parents' house next week. I hadn't planned on it until a couple of days ago. I will still bring school with me as I am SO far behind with my child who is "normal" when it comes to schooling. We are trying to hard to keep her on track. We also will do school through the summer.

I have thought about next year's materials already. I think I'm going to switch gears and NOT buy the entire Calvert second grade for Allison and gather misc. materials instead.

For Sarah, she's still learning to read using Hooked on Phonics and I plan to get Math U See and we shall see if it works.

Quinn might start K soon, as I am thinking of pulling her out of Pre K at the end of March and starting K with her at home. I already have ABeka K with her name on it. :-)

Joy

Hezra said...

well, better than a bag or a fizzle my friend. We won't be ending! We are summer schooling here. We are SO behind on MATH!!!! We will spend the summer just finishing up, then start fresh in the Fall with the new stuff. I already have most of our plan ready. I am selling books on ebay now to build up a bit of spending money to get the NEW stuff. Yes,*sigh* we are tired and feeling blue. But the Nice weather has meant lots of bring outside in the day.

Tina said...

Oh yeah, definitely fizzling!

Hezra said...

oh my gosh! My kids have been playing with my computer and I now have sticky keys. And I mean sticky in at least TWO WAYS. Sorry for all the typo/spelling errors on my comment. lol bag was supposed to be BANG. lol and bring was supposed to be BEING . ugh. yes, I am exhausted. yes I NEED a spring break. We will take a day off and do something fun. now I have to figure out how to get poptart crumbs out of my keys....

Susan said...

We are definately taking a break! It's required for mental health. Plus the Homeschool National Basketball tourney is just an hour away, so we'll be going to that. Now, if the weather would just warm up a little!

Jo said...

Two more weeks until spring break here--since we're in Illinois, I save it until the very end of March for a better chance at nice weather! After that, only 6 more weeks until we're done. I've been looking over what I need for next year, but not making many changes. I am thinking about the summer--thinking about some one-week sessions on different things. We'll see how that goes, since I know we'll be traveling with Daddy for work, too.